spt [personal history]




me with my nikon,
my snapshots of mom & dad circa 1970.
always with the pictures.still today.

"when i think back
on all the crap i learned in high school
it’s a wonder i can think at all
and though my lack of education
hasn’t hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall
kodachrome they give us those nice bright colors

they give us the greens of summer
makes you think all the world’s a sunny day
i got a nikon camera
i love to take a photograph
so mama don’t take my kodachrome away........"

~paul simon

spt

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl- you have the most fab photos! xox

heidi said...

"every little thing she does is magic..."

you rock!
xox,
heidi

Artist in Progress said...

oh my, you and your mom could be twins, i thought that was you for a moment and you just flashed back in time. amazing.

firstborn studio said...

carol...was it the cateye specs or the bitchin' beehive?!!
actually,my mom and i really do look alot alike....i have had cateye specs but never the beehive....yet anyway! and michelle,my momma has a ton of personality and pop is a handsome devil!
heidi & steph...you are living dolls!

mary boyer said...

love the way you look at life - both through the lense, in your art, and your heart!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Denise -- looooove your mom's 70's pic. We had an afghan like that, too -- didn't everyone??