self portrait tuesday...traumatic documentation















me today...
a scar above my right eye from an unfortunate
step in front of a swing set ...one year after the
football helmut came off {below}...i have a smaller
scar to match on the other eyelid from a run in with
a coffee table...again when i was a wee tot...
head injury a go~go...............


....easter 1959,yep,that's me in a football helmut to
protect my fractured skull....i fell down the
basement steps,landing head first on the concrete
floor below,since there was no blood my mother
thought that i was alright,until the next day when
she was brushing my hair and felt a mushy spot
on my head.off to the er we went where we were told
that nothing should come in contact with my head...
hence the football helmet {donated by a local sporting
goods store} and there it stayed for 6 weeks. i have since
wondered if that fracture may have caused later problems,
when posing the question to a dr. on occasion...their answer
was always "no",but the question remains in the back of
my mind.

3 comments:

kath red said...

such an amazing photo and story thank you.

Diz Rivera said...

heartbreakingly beautiful

Anonymous said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer under 30, breast cancer need to know and early breast cancer detection: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com