sunday morning shuffle

i am sitting here on a rainy,dank
sunday morning,mindlessly
surfing the web,enjoying a cup of
strong black coffee,waiting
for paint to dry on a box i am using
for an assemblage,that will house a
cool cabinet card and other trinkets.
i stumbled on to this site,keaggy.com
....a hometown boy,
and have bookmarked it for future stops,
i particularly love the katy trail pages
and this guy reminds me of a mix of
my son tony..my brother sam and my bro-
in-law joe...young,ultra-literate and a
razor sharp wit...my opinion ;)
astrud gilberto(the original ipanema girl)
is playing...a perfect
sound for a day like today,her "finest hour"
cd is theee best,track 6~so nice
(samba de verao)will be on the sountrack
of my life...other songs
will be,in no particular order:

  1. i will always love you~melissa etheridge
  2. come see about me~the supremes
  3. fly me to the moon~astrud gilberto
  4. simple~k.d.lang
  5. come to jesus~mindy smith
  6. someone to watch over me~blossom dearie
  7. forget about it~alison krause
  8. stormy weather~etta james
  9. bye bye blackbird~rickie lee jones
  10. don't let me be misunderstood~cyndi lauper
  11. way it is~valerie carter
  12. i'm no angel~dido
  13. trouble me~10,000 maniacs
  14. bridge over troubled water~aretha franklin
  15. queen of quiet~erin mckeown

more to come.

gonna go check on that paint....

enjoy the day before you!






No comments: